|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking applications from Senior Project Engineers to be a part of our team in the South Gippsland Area. This is a great opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Project Engineer will be involved in managing and providing direction to the project team to deliver the project in accordance with the specified requirements and client expectations.
As Senior Project Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Assist with the preparation of site construction budgets and reports
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Project Manager
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Arrange and oversee the letting of tenders
- Demonstrate financial management skills and commercial acumen when making decisions
- Assign work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards
- Execute working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Analyse and use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting
- Manage and mentor a team of project, site and graduate engineers
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience in a Senior Project Engineer role on a construction project
- Demonstrated commercial experience to include planning up to 3 months ahead, weekly reporting on progress against plan and cost, reporting on risk and developing and implementing risk treatment plans
- Exposure to procurement processes including the development of tender packages
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills; and negotiation and influencing skills
- A problem solver and strategic thinker
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.