|Job Type:||Full Time|
How would you like to be involved in one of the most exciting and innovative projects that will be delivered in Brisbane?
The BNE Auto Mall is one of the most innovative automotive projects Australia has ever witnessed. Once complete, this 51 hectare, $300M commercial development will set a new benchmark for automotive retailing and will reveal the world’s most dynamic driving focussed automotive project.
The 2.3km performance track, designed by racing legend Mark Skaife via Skaife Racing and motorsport circuit designer iEDM, will be the focal point for potential:
- Flagship automotive dealerships
- Experience centres –multi-brand and several brand-specific exclusive experience centres
- Hotel and conference centres
- A retail and entertainment precinct
- An associated office park
Many of Australia’s leading car brands will converge at the BNE Auto Mall, making it one of the largest dedicated precincts for automotive retailing in Australia. The BNE Auto Mall is likely to be fully developed over a 10 year horizon, in multiple stages.
Works commenced on site in October 2017 and the delivery of earthworks is nearing completion. The design of infrastructure is now complete. Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) will release a tender in November 2019 for the procurement of a Tier 2 contractor to deliver the track infrastructure and the infrastructure to service the lot development areas over the next 2 years.
BAC is seeking a highly experienced project management professional to join an award winning project management team to lead and manage the delivery of the infrastructure works at the BNE Auto Mall project.
The individual will lead a team of BAC project professionals and will need to have the proven capability to manage a contractor and multiple consultants for a Construct Only $40M+ infrastructure works contract.
- Define, plan, manage, review and control projects under general guidance and with minimal supervision, to achieve high quality outcomes that meet or exceed any agreed project objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for BAC’s Business Plan.
- Assist in the preparation of Capex or Board papers.
- Assist the Infrastructure Development team to achieve the necessary approvals through BAC’s Investment Gates 1 -3, with key advice areas being scope, time, cost, risk, resources and procurement.
- Liaise as necessary with the Commonwealth, State and Local Authorities including the Airport Building Controller and Airport Environment Officer.
- Prepare and manage documentation to a high professional standard.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal BAC stakeholders.
- Effectively brief and manage internal BAC stakeholders and external stakeholders on project related matters, as required.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Inspect works during construction to ensure compliance with all approved project documentation.
- Provide all required input to the leadership and management teams and the Project Support Office (PSO) in a timely manner and to a high professional standard.
- Assist in the development and delivery of nominated actions from team or division action plans.
- Maintain compliance with all of BAC’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance to the BAC’s Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Develop and maintain high quality project records, such as but not limited to, management plans, cost schedules, time schedules, risk assessments and issue registers.
- Review and assess documents from project sponsors, contractors, consultants, internal and external stakeholders and action accordingly.
- Manage the preparation, finalisation and execution of Contract documentation.
- Act as the Principal’s or BAC’s Representative or Principal Representative’s delegate or BAC’s delegate for Contracts.
- Undertake active stakeholder management as a “Partner of Choice”.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with consultants and contractors and suppliers and effectively manage their performance on projects.
- Ensure projects are handed over and closed out efficiently and effectively to any relevant stakeholders.
- Provide safety leadership to the project team and ensure that BAC’s safety systems are implemented.
- Share knowledge with others in BAC and demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Develop and establish a process to foster innovation on allocated projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management in the building and construction industry.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in client side project management.
- Tertiary qualifications in either engineering, architecture, building, construction management or a related field.
- Eligibility for membership with the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the management and administration of Australian Standard construction Contracts.
- Certification as a Project Manager with the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) or similar industry body.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working at an Airport.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Evidence of knowledge of construction codes.
- Evidence of knowledge of all aspects of Project Management.
- High level of oral and written and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of the Microsoft suite of programs.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity manage and deliver the BNE Auto Mall - a first of it's kind in Australia! You'll also be joining a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply and include a short cover letter outlining your suitability to this particular project.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?