- Excellent opportunity for a Financial Analyst to provide expert advice and support here at the University of Sydney
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time fixed term position (12 months) with a base salary from $93k p.a plus generous superannuation
About the opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance team in a period of exciting and significant change. As the financial analyst you will provide cluster wide analysis, advice and professional support for strategic, operational and business planning for effective and efficient financial administration and management across the cluster. This position will see you take on a range of duties including, but not limited to;
- working proactively with key stakeholders to ensure the proposed financial solutions meet business requirements
- providing analysis and strategic insights in regard to all of the financial affairs and resources of the Faculties, PSUs and Schools
- identifying inconsistencies in application of University policies and procedures through analysis and provide recommendations for actions by others
- assisting and mentoring other Financial Services team members as required to ensure the effective and customer focused delivery of financial services across the University
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Financial Analyst who can demonstrate:
- exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective internal relationships and liaise with staff at all levels
- ability to prepare financial modelling, data analysis and reports
- experience in providing strategically aligned financial insights
- an exceptional degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- ability to work effectively leading a team, as part of a team and autonomously with minimum supervision
Finance comprises of three broad business areas, with teams providing Specialists, Functional expertise, and Engagement advice and support:
- Specialist teams: Investment and Capital Management and Strategic Financial Solutions
- Functional expertise teams: Financial Control and Treasury, Financial Management and Analysis and Procurement Services
- Engagement teams: Corporate Finance, along with client portfolio groups including Medicine and Health, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Information Technologies, University of Sydney Business School, Humanities and Social Sciences, and University Schools.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1875/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 28 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.