|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Airport Facilities, the Civil Assets Manager is responsible for the asset management of Brisbane Airport’s civil infrastructure including:
- Aircraft pavements (asphalt and concrete)
- Landside roads
- Structures (including bridges, culverts and gantries)
- Airfield ground lighting system and navigational aids
- Fleet of light vehicles
- Mobile plant
- Generators and fuel delivery system
- Grounds maintenance of the airfield
The Civil Assets Manager ensures that this portfolio of assets is managed in a manner that:
- Ensures the safety of all people and aircraft
- Delivers optimum asset lifecycle value for BAC
- Maintains legislative compliance with the applicable standards
- Strives to innovate beyond industry best practise
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the P&L and Capex budgets for the department
- Set the direction for the team through the development and implementation of initiatives
- Lead the team ensuring team members are engaged and empowered to deliver
- Develop and implement business plans for the Civil Assets section.
- Development of strategic and operational plans to deliver optimised management of civil assets.
- Ensure risk management, compliance, business continuity and Work Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures are integrated into asset management and maintenance practises.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable legislation and standards.
- Maintain operational levels of service across all asset types.
- Manage the operational and capital budgets for Civil and Airport Lighting services.
- Provide input into project initiation, tender assessments, design reviews and project performance.
- Lead the on-boarding of newly constructed assets into operations and maintenance phase.
- Maintain oversight of the management of contracts and contractor performance within the Civil Assets Section.
- Conduct audits of contractors to ensure compliance with WHS Policies and contract conditions.
- Prepare and/or coordinate maintenance and minor works as required.
- Conduct regular performance assessment of the assets, including analysis of failure modes and repair methodologies.
- Implement strategies for the inspection and maintenance of BAC’s civil assets in accordance with technical and safety standards.
- Ensure all works are being undertaken to the appropriate safety, quality and environmental standards with all appropriate approvals in place.
- Ensure all data, drawings, schedules are received, updated and accurately recorded within the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Collaborate with Operations and Project Services team to ensure the effective delivery of capital projects.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with contractors and key agencies, internal departments, customers and applicable external agencies to facilitate achievement of the section’s operational objectives.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and direct reports to ensure coordination of works.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Holds current RPEQ (or able to obtain within 3 months)
- Ability to work on several tasks at once with the ability to prioritise.
- Significant Experience (8-10 years) in maintenance, construction and/or asset management.
- Experience (2-3 years) leading a Business Section or similar.
- Experience in financial management.
- Hold a current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Prior experience in asset management of civil infrastructure, particularly asphalt and concrete pavements
- Proven leadership and management skills in a diverse environment
- Analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Sound working knowledge of contract and contractor-based management.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant Acts, Building and construction codes.
- Intermediate skills in the use of typical Microsoft packages (Word and Excel).
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
About Brisbane Airport Corporation
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?