|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the Role:
Working closely with the Business Analyst - EPM, as the Data Analyst, you will support internal client departments by;
- analysing asset management data and supporting the information needs
- focusing on obtaining enterprise portfolio data, analysing results and customising fit-for-purpose processes and systems to collaboratively improve on systemic issues.
- developing an innovation initiative aimed at inducing technology and modern way of working within the project space
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand and identify information needs for systems and processes utilised by maintenance and delivery teams
- Maintain awareness of asset information sources, data capture and storage.
- Produce, develop and maintain reports and dashboards to support energy use and water use by Brisbane Airport.
- Develop information models to baseline consumption and report against baseline.
- Produce, develop and maintain reports and dashboards to identify trends.
- Assist budgetary decision making in terms of asset replacement, enhancement and maintenance.
- Establish and sustain working relationships with the internal stakeholders
- Support client departments by providing information:
- Query BAC’s corporate data warehouse to obtain required information
- Manage contractors supporting in the production of information resources
- Share findings with client departments
- Continually improve the quality of information provided to client departments
- Manage application implementation/upgrades including system collation and data flow diagrams
- Perform configuration, database clean-up activities and update of supporting documentation.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders and external vendors to resolve technical platform issues.
- Manage the update of POIMS database to ensure resource planning and monitoring of alignment, governance, reporting and process of projects are being recorded effectively.
- Provide support relating other EPM related tasks.
- Management of the innovation pipeline, including:
- supporting the ideation process and development of ideas in collaboration with the individuals/teams who submitted them
- management of the innovation portfolio reporting process, including dashboards, benefits realisation
- Support and guide the ideation process of new ideas through the innovation lifecycle process
- Analyse effectiveness of innovation ideas/solutions and assess commercial application
- Co-ordination of innovation incubation teams
- Support and assist innovation coaches through the provision of data and modelling to support the development of business cases, proof of concept and final analysis
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering with preference towards information systems specialisation.
- 2+ years working with business intelligence systems i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, Qliksense and the like.
- Experience in the Infrastructure or Buildings Asset Management field.
- Understanding of project management methodologies especially Agile.
- Proficient with MS Office 365.
- Working knowledge with MS Project.
- Advanced knowledge developing business intelligence tools.
- Experience managing energy and water use.
- Hands on knowledge of PMO practices and standards.
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing information models and dynamic reports.
- A demonstrated understanding of data science concepts and emerging technologies.
- Identify and recommend best practices related to data science industry technical trends
- Be a quick learner and adopter and be willing to challenge oneself.
- Needs to be a team player but also work independently.
- Strong logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
About Brisbane Airport Corporation
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a data analyst?