|Location:||Sydney - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Want to do petabyte scale deep learning and ship product to real customers? If so, this opportunity may be for you. At Nearmap, we're growing our data science team, and we’re after a data scientist / machine learning engineer who’s got enough experience to just come in and get stuck in.
At Nearmap, we have petabytes of high quality aerial imagery (covering half a million square kilometres a year at 5-7cm resolution, and regularly captured imagery back to 2009). We've also just started producing automated 3D models of entire cities. Couple that with recent progress in deep learning, cloud based GPU compute, and the opportunity to work with a vast network of customers and partners eager to extract commercial value through machine learning for a wide range of industries and applications, and you'll appreciate why data science at Nearmap is an exciting place to be. As a mature publicly listed startup, we have both the resources to allow you to succeed in your role, and the agility (thanks to cloud-based infrastructure) to rapidly take advantage of the latest developments in the field.
You will report to the Director of AI Systems, and will be responsible for completing a range of end-to-end projects applying cutting edge deep learning techniques to geospatial imagery. You will be ready to move beyond the confines of stock CNN architectures, making adaptations to train and deploy custom models that take full advantage of our rich geospatially referenced and 3D imagery.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
The main attributes we're after are:
- Pragmatism: While extensive knowledge of ML theory is highly valued, pragmatism wins over elaborate theory when it comes to shipping products that work.
- Collaboration: We believe data science is a team sport, and are after candidates who can communicate well, share knowledge, and be open to taking on ideas from anyone in the team. Having worked on shared code-bases in a commercial environment is a big plus, but it's the attitude that matters most.
- Technical Skills: A decent base of python, linux, and modern machine learning are key to a role in the team. Highly valued experience includes working with 3D point clouds, custom conv net architectures, and geospatial imagery. Our stack includes GPUs, Keras, Tensorflow Docker and Kubernetes.
- Education and Experience: At minimum, a technical bachelors level degree (engineering, sciences, etc.), with a few years of experience beyond that (commercial or research).
- Attention to detail: Showing attention to detail when it counts is important... to be considered for this role, click this link and apply some basic data science skills.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!