|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact...
Over recent years Xero has grown at an incredible pace… and we’re not slowing down! As we face into the next phase of our journey it is critical that we start to create systems, tools and processes that help us to scale in a sustainable, energising way. As such we have created the role of Director of Operations to be the linchpin between global strategy and our go-to-market.
Reporting to the Managing Director AU/Asia this role will be the COO of the Region by providing the day to day operational expertise to make sure the regions are performing at their peak. They will develop clear operational plans aligned with global strategy, manage all in-region strategic initiatives and ensure cross-functional alignment across the regional leadership team. Most importantly, this role will ensure we achieve our 1-2 year performance objectives in each region, and will form the clear conduit between global strategy, systems and tools and regional execution.
You will make an impact by activating global and local strategy in regions and ensuring we “hit our numbers” for each financial period.
Finally, you will form part of the global Strategy Execution and Performance leadership team and will be the primary conduit through which we align strategy and execution. You will be a master collaborator that will help bring the global organisation of Xero together.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the development of regional strategy
- Collaborate with the regional leadership teams to lead the development of regional plans (1 -2 year cycles)
- Manage all strategic initiatives and projects in-region.
- Ensure our regional teams are clear on “where to play” and “how to win” - work with our global strategy team to agree the right targets for the region and clearly activate
- Be the “2IC” for the MD, providing operational and day to day leadership of the regional leadership team
- Manage all financial and performance lead and lag indicators to ensure ongoing success
- Coordinate a cross-functional monthly Quarterly Business Review
- Participate as part of the Strategy Execution and Performance leadership team
- Actively bring all parts of Xero together to amplify our performance in-region.
What you’ll bring...
The successful candidate will bring more than 10 years commercial/operational experience ideally in a global SaaS environment. Your passion for building high performing teams and proven ability to influence key stakeholders will be evident in your track record of achieving successful outcomes. Balancing analytical rigor with a bias for action leading to fast practical recommendations will be critical in this fast paced environment.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to contribute to Xero’s continued success.
At Xero, we champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday.