|Job Type:||Full Time|
Posted date: 10-Oct-2019
Location: Prominent Hill Mine, SA, AU, 5710
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, and we are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, we have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
OZ Minerals Prominent Hill Operations is offering rewarding opportunities to keen and enthusiastic candidates who are wishing to undertake an Electrical Apprenticeship. Located at our Prominent Hill mine on an 8/6 roster flying from Adelaide or Port Augusta, or shuttle from Coober Pedy this position will assist you to reach your potential of becoming a qualified Electrical Tradesperson by gaining on the job skills that consolidate TAFE learning blocks.
- Working towards the completion of a Mechanical Apprenticeship in conjunction with internal and external learning (TAFE)
- Working as part of a team and to support the Mechanical Tradespersons to perform routine maintenance activities to the fixed plant and equipment on site as per the maintenance strategy
- Assisting to perform breakdown maintenance activities to the fixed plant and equipment as required
- Assisting to undertake mechanical installation work as required
- Being a part of the Prominent Hill Mechanical team with a focus on achieving our How We Work Together principles
- Successful completion of Year 12
- You have a strong interest in developing a career in the mechanical fitter trade
- You have completed a pre-apprentice mechanical courses, or have mechanical work experience
- You have good communication and organisational skills
- You are customer and outcomes focused
- The ability to demonstrate safe behaviour at all times
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and would like to apply to this position, please click the apply button to create your profile and upload your cover letter and CV.
Applications close Date: Friday, 25th of October 2019
We welcome diversity and encourage inclusivity.
OZ Minerals is not accepting third party referrals from Recruitment Agencies.