|Job Type:||Full Time|
Small business makes the world go around – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business seamless, simpler, smarter and more enjoyable too.
Xero is used globally by millions of customers every single day and we’re still growing, fast. We’re passionate about building beautiful software and continuously improving experiences for our awesome customers!
You can be a part of it!
The Digital Engineering team own, maintain, and develop architecture as well as delivery of digital experiences across the marketing ecosystem
You will be a senior member of the Digital Engineering team you will, of course, be positively impacting the solutions delivered. You will also be helping to drive a culture of professional development, performance and open communication supporting other members of the team to become awesome Xeros. The developers in Digital Engineering will grow in capability and confidence due to working with you.
Ultimately, you’ll have a positive impact on the code AND the awesome team you’re in.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and mastery of some or all of the following:
- AEM/Sling (Java 8)
- Serverless technologies (AWS or other cloud provider)
- Infrastructure as code
- Akamai (or other CDNs)
- A passion for mentoring other developers and helping them reach their potential.
- An understanding of how Agile, Lean and DevOps principles enable software teams deliver value to users more effectively
- Experience with test driven approach to development. (TDD/BDD)
- A growth mindset and excitement about tackling the next challenge that you and your team face.
- The belief that a strong team is more valuable than a group of individuals and enthusiasm to help your team thrive through coaching, pairing, mobbing and educating
- A desire to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of users
We like to keep things real and encourage everyone to maintain a healthy work/life balance. There are loads of additional perks we enjoy:
- Work in bright modern offices with adjustable desks so you can sit or stand
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle and work from home now and then
- Have the freedom to dress how you like - we like to keep it casual
- Great break out areas with pool tables and ping pong
- We host fitness classes. We run wellness programs and get discounted gym memberships