|Job Type:||Full Time|
Fitter Mechanic (Branch) – Rockhampton Specialist
At Coates Hire, A Job is never just a Job – It’s Progress.
Take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery. The Fitter Mechanic plays a crucial role in helping to ensure hire equipment at the branch is ready, fit and safe for hire. A key focus of the role is providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
About your responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership contributing to Coates Hire’s Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture
- Diagnose and repair mechanical faults across a variety of equipment
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of spare parts are available
- Ensure paper work is completed for service or repair work; maintain service records
- Ensure operational downtime is kept to a minimum
As well as having amazing customer service skills and Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will ideally have:
- Must be Trade qualified (Cert III – Automotive Mechanical - Light or Heavy – Plant/Earth Moving/Agriculture or Cert III – Engineering Mechanical Trade – Diesel Fitter) and ideally have a Forklift ticket
- Experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Troubleshooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills
- A commitment to safety on the job
You must be experienced in the use of computers and confident to be able to navigate systems and mobile devices that are in place to track equipment details. These are all operational requirements of this role.
If you live and breathe safety and uphold safe work practices at all times we welcome your application.
You can make it happen.
This is a re-advertised role. Previous applicants need not apply. Thank you