|Job Type:||Full Time|
USG Boral is looking for a National Contracting Manager, based in Port Melbourne and reporting to the Sales Operations Director Australia. This role will be responsible for driving the leadership of processes and systems that drive superior contractual outcomes.
The role will work in conjunction with the Regional Managers who set the national direction for UBL and ensure that best practice is leveraged nationally. The entire group is undergoing a sustained period of change and the role is seen as crucial to delivering on the operational and fiscal goals of the contracting business.
Some duties include:
- Management of the UBL HSE system, including ensuring inductions, safety conversations and snap audits are correctly and regularly expedited
- Hazard and incident/action identification and close out. Being visibly active in promoting HSE
- With the regional managers, developing plans to hit regional budgets and the cumulative national UBL budgeted revenue and profit targets.
- Ensuring timely job closures on a monthly basis at appropriate gross margin levels
- Ensuring appropriate contract administration and cost controls, including warranty and maintenance, are in place and monitored
- Control of the estimating process and input into rates and methods of measurement
- Development of reporting staff to ensure that they are adequately and appropriately skilled in relation to the requirements of their roles
- Training policies and plans in place to train staff appropriately
- Liaison with Regional Contracting Managers to ensure appropriate levels and quality of subcontractor labour.
- Working with other parts of USG Boral Plasterboard Sales, Distribution, etc. in order to achieve business objectives
What are we looking for?
- Plastering Trade background preferred.
- High degree of competence and understanding of estimating and subcontractor management essential.
- Experience in contract preparation and management
- Previous contractual law experience in the construction building industry is advantageous
- Strong people skills and communication/ negotiation skills
- A professional, energetic and enthusiastic approach
- Demonstrated ability to handle competing deadlines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Why join USG Boral?
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and exciting career progression
- Opportunity to work in a high-paced and safe work environment
If you enjoy being part of a team, and have a strong, organised work ethic, we want to hear from you. Ability to demonstrate a positive, can-do and friendly attitude and understand the importance of complying with Workplace Health & Safety Standards and follow protocol is important to this role. Passionate about learning new skills for career development opportunities.
About USG Boral:
Boral and USG's plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral's leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG's world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies' iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.
USG Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of the recruitment process successful applicants will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical and police clearance.