|Job Type:||Full Time|
USG Boral is looking for an experienced National Human Resources Business Partner responsible for the management and execution of people and culture plans. The role is based in Pinkenba and also has coverage for NSW region. Limited travel involved. Reporting to the HR Director, you will act as a trusted partner to the business providing HR expertise in areas such as unions, employee relations, fair work commission, people management, employee engagement, performance management, succession and planning, remuneration and change management.
The role is responsible for supporting the operations team to help set objectives, including workforce projects and employee relations strategy.
implementation and review of workforce practices that are intended to drive safety, productivity and compliance. Assist with change management process to improve workplace culture is essential to the role. Along with providing expert advice and support with regards to complex people management practices including disciplinary procedures, workplace grievances, investigations, conflict management and compliance breaches.
Offer timely support, coordination and management of various HR related activities, assisting with challenging conversations, conducting investigations, providing data and analytics and assisting with the strategic development and implementation of people initiatives for the business.
Some other duties include:
- Building strong partnerships, working collaboratively with operational managers
- Ensuring adequate workforce metrics are maintained to manage success and identify areas of improvement
- Championing change initiatives and monitoring progress of deliverables to ensure the expected results are meeting business goals.
- Provide accurate advice on HR and ER/IR matters including awards, legislation, policy and procedures.
- Adhere to and be a role model for ethics, confidentiality and business conduct policies and company values.
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge on the current trends, practices and changes within the HR discipline
What are we looking for?
- Solid 5 years’ plus work experience of working in a Blue-Collar environment managing ER and IR issues
- Desirable construction, building, manufacturing experience but not mandatory
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Australian employment law, exposure to a union-oriented business
- Proven competency with payroll systems, Microsoft applications, SAP and HRIS
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skill set with a proven ability to build effective stakeholder relationships
Why join USG Boral?
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and exciting career progression
- Opportunity to work in a high-paced and safe work environment
If you enjoy being part of a team, and have a strong, organised work ethic, we want to hear from you. Ability to demonstrate a positive, can-do and friendly attitude and understand the importance of complying with Workplace Health & Safety Standards and follow protocol is important to this role. Passionate about learning new skills for career development opportunities.
About USG Boral:
USG Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of the recruitment process successful applicants will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical and police clearance.