|Job Type:||Full Time|
Small businesses have a big impact on the economy, and Xero is playing an important role in increasing the availability of capital they need to succeed and grow.
Our team is building a suite of data products and services that allow small businesses to share their accounting books with third parties applications like lenders and payment providers with the click of a button. These data services help the ecosystem to provide better services to our Xero customers, like powering lenders to make responsible funding decisions in a fraction of the time and effort it has traditionally taken.
We are a new team who aims to have fun and work at a fast pace. Working closely with data scientists, product owners and designers, we really will get to make a difference to the lives of small business owners.
How you’ll make an impact
You will split your role between being hands on the tools and managing a development ‘pod’. As an engineer, you will be responsible for creating business value by building new and improving existing product functions, from prototype through to delivery to the market and further iterations based on key commercial success metrics.
We need someone to look at the road ahead and smooth out some bumps. In this role you will get to be hands-on, diving in and working with the team but also be strategically focussed, thinking about what can be done to ensure the team knows what is around the next bend.
As a team lead you’ll naturally be keeping an eye on the team members and making sure that they are both challenged and supported so that they continue to thrive. Part of this will naturally include coaching and mentoring as well as keeping them focused on the job.
What you’ll do
- Develop robust, high-quality software that meets the expectations of your product development team’s standards and procedures and meets modern best practices for highly scalable, reliable, maintainable software.
- Coach and mentor each of your people to help them become the best versions of themselves they can be, including performance feedback and career development.
- Be accountable for the technical decision making of the team.
- Be comfortable building a microservice architecture that delivers highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable APIs.
- Spend a proportion of time on people-focused tasks, including recruitment, leave approvals.
- Help the team to work across team boundaries to ensure the delivery of changes that integrate well with the wider set of Xero products and technologies
What you’ll bring with you
- Passionate about helping people reach their full potential with the ability to lead, mentor and develop
- Strong Experience with cloud technologies and architectures including serverless
- People leadership experience either as a direct line manager or a technical leadership position
- Experience with .NET for backend development, especially the creation of API services
- Experienced in devops culture including CI/CD processes, and software development at all levels of the tech stack, with capability from front end, microservices, databases and platforms
- Strong experience in Python and SQL especially for data transformation or ML operations
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!