|Job Type:||Full Time|
Security Assurance Partner
A career that makes a real difference.
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia? If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape. We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
A bit about your role
The Security Confidence and Risk (SCR) team is part of the nbn Security Group and operates nbn's security risk & assurance program ensuring nbn assurance obligations are met while providing confidence to management that assets have the appropriate protections in place.
In your new role, you will be reporting to the Manager, Security Assurance and Risk. You will be responsible for executing the third-party security assurance program and services consistently and collaboratively across nbn, as well as to ensure the successful delivery of security related business outcomes in both project and production environments.
- Execute Security Assurance & Risk Program activities, including assessments of nbn and third-party security controls environments, processes and capabilities, to verify compliance with nbn Security policies;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify security-related business and enterprise wide risks, minimise exceptions to policies, agree compensating controls, changes to policy or agree alternatives with business stakeholders in the treatment of risks identified;
- Work with specialists within the Security Group and other nbn functions to provide input into third-party security assurance activities;
- Engage functional areas with Line 1 accountabilities to ensure effective operation of their operational third-party assurance & risk programs, verifying through testing that technical security configurations and robust security management processes are implemented and operated in accordance with nbn policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with Internal Audit and other assurance & risk functions, to align methods and tools, and produce quality and accurate output that can be relied upon for cross functional reference;
- Provide timely input for management reporting including: Security Governance Council, Integrated Assurance Forum, ExCo reporting and Board reporting, as required.
- Contribute to improvement in security assurance & risk processes and compliance reporting
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, as the Security Assurance Partner, you will be an experienced security professional with previous experience working with third party security controls environments. Strong analytical and reporting skills, capable of operating effectively with ambiguity in a matrix management structure, and able to translate complex security concepts into contextual language that can be understood by business stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with sufficient experience in Security and Risk Management fields or similar. You will have completed a tertiary degree in Security/IT/Computer Science or Commerce. Ideally you will have experience in delivery security assurance engagements, including end-to-end scoping; fieldwork and reporting of IT audits and/or IT risk assessments.
As an individual, you will be able to deal with ambiguity and have a solid technical understanding of security threats as well as the ability to translate them into business context. Excellent stakeholder management skills will assist you to succeed in this role, including the ability to influence without direct authority.
Please note that this role is available on as a Permanent Position.
Life at nbn
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.