|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role you will be able to provide Spatial and Data Engineering expertise on cross-disciplinary engineering, planning and environmental projects.
You will ideally have:
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Spatial or Data Engineer and tertiary qualifications in Science/Engineering or similar with high level of experience in spatial technologies or computer science.
- Advanced experience of ESRI Products, QGIS, MapInfo or related technical software packages.
- Excellent experience in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal and FME.
- Knowledge of databases and database querying, especially SQL database.
- Awareness in cross functional software such as 12D, Autodesk software, Bentley software.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and comfortable with working in a team environment.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients.
- Desire to learn on emerging technologies and open to sharing ideas.
About the role
The key focus of this role will cover a broad range of skills relating to the delivery of major projects as part of NSW Transport, Environment and Resources.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical advice and services to team members across projects and a variety of disciplines.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future emerging technologies.
- Provide on-going support for the wider group in the use of ArcGIS Products, ArcGIS. Enterprise/Portal and Feature Manipulation Engine (FME).
- Prepare data standards, schemas and apply them to projects.
- Work on ground-breaking projects, enjoy quality mentoring from top professionals, and be exposed to all sorts of challenges with individually tailored support to ensure you succeed.
- Work under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility. This may include being responsible for specific parts of an external design project.
- Be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work. Furthermore, you may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback.
- Work will encompass authoring non-standard workflow and other documentation.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.