|Job Type:||Full Time|
The GM Platform Engineering provides strategic, commercial, and technical oversight across Xero’s Platform Engineering teams to ensure alignment with overall Xero strategy and product team requirements. They drive the execution of key projects, owning the communication with stakeholders around the globe, and building empathy for and understanding of our users, customers, and markets.
As the GM Platform Engineering, you will be responsible for teams of Xeros that create and run platform technologies that enable productivity, scalability and availability for our product teams. You will provide oversight across your portfolio, ensuring the right things are delivered at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
This is a senior role so to be successful you will need to have:
- Extensive experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Proven experience defining technology driven strategic outcomes and alignment
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of technology
- Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and planning
- A strong understanding of platform solutions
- The ability to break down complex problems, deliver pragmatic solutions and able to manage changing priorities
- #ownership & the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- The ability to build effective relationships across the business and collaborate with a diverse stakeholder group to realize commercial outcomes
What will success look like?
- Continuous delivery of platform technologies for Xero product teams and customers
- Creation, communication, and constant evolution of a roadmap that supports product team enablement and reflects the changing needs of product teams
- Attracting and retaining the best talent to maintain a world-class team
- Cultivating a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture
At Xero, we encourage flexible work arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package, you’ll get Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks.
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!