|Job Type:||Full Time|
Small business makes the world go around – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
What you'll do?
The Infrastructure Project Manager will lead projects from concept through to operational handover. Rapid project start up, world class delivery and robust operational management are critical to ensuring we meet our objectives. Our Project Managers are responsible for the planning, scoping, and scheduling of activities to complete projects to a high standard, whilst ensuring innovation and speed to market are maintained. Methodologies, frameworks and processes used to aid delivery will be selected and applied fit for purpose, therefore it is expected our Project Managers have broad knowledge and understanding of various methods and approaches.
The Infrastructure Project Manager will have a strong focus on Internal IT and infrastructure projects, however will be required to work across various business units, functional areas, technical and non-technical initiatives at times. Therefore a broad experience base to draw on is critical, along with exposure to delivering non-infrastructure projects, system upgrades and software solution rollouts. Above all you will be extremely confident driving change within the organisation, be personable, have a can-do attitude, be able to work with people right across our organisation, and live our Xero values in the role.
What you'll bring with you
- 5+ years demonstrated experience leading and delivering multiple infrastructure and other IT or business projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with budgets in excess of $2M.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with project teams in excess of 15 people
- Project management certification is an advantage, but not essential (such as PMI, PRINCE 2, AgilePM or similar).
- Relevant infrastructure, data and application development, business process led and business change subject matter expertise / demonstrated experience.
- Experience with agile/iterative and waterfall approaches.
- Web/online/cloud experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple stakeholders across varying levels & delivery teams.
- Demonstrated vendor management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
So what are you waiting for? Apply today!