|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join our Billing team, within our technology group…
We are well into a journey of building modern full stack replacement systems to enable Xero’s continued growth and provide a better user experience for our customers. We won’t stop there - as a key enabler for many business initiatives and other teams we’re always looking to up our game, keep our UI's beautiful and performant and measure and build on our successes..
On the customer side, our UI experiences include selecting and buying your customer subscription, changing plans and add-ons, and keeping your customer account and payment details up to date. We also providing great experiences for our internal Customer Experience teams to provide awesome support for our customers.
We’re looking for someone with a strong design ethos who is adept in iterating / collaborating on designs pre-built using tools like Figma. You will have a positive impact on the team by advocating for best practice in the front-end space and helping other team members to learn and grow their front-end development skills. As well as use your experience and passion for quality to ensure our test suite is maintained and improved over time.
You will be joining an area where improvements can be measured and return on investments quantified.
What you’ll bring with you…
- Experience with CSS pre-processors, Git and responsive design.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferably following Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence to support your delivery tracking and development documentation.
- A focus on quality, and experience with test-driven development and testing frameworks.
- Experience using build and deploy tools and processes to get your creations into production.
- A passion to explore and use new technology/approaches to solve problems.
- A willingness to push yourself and grow your career alongside the rest of our high performing team.
- A positive attitude and passion for working with others that contributes to a fun and enjoyable work environment.
- A desire to build robust, maintainable, scalable and secure web-based software.
- A passion for developing responsive web-based applications for multiple devices and modern browsers.
- Pride and ownership in your work.
- Show initiative and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- The ability to work with both remote and co-located developers and other team members
What Xero can offer you…
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product in either Auckland or Wellington then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many and our social vibe is real and alive. We're a big part of the development community and regularly go to conferences and host events and we have lots of social groups/teams too.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so if you’re interested apply online and we will be in touch.