|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join an Audit environment where we challenge the status quo
- Work with passionate people with a social conscious
- Work with a diverse range of industry-leading clients
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive, disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
The auditing world is changing and we want you to come help us change it. Standardisation, automation and digitalisation is the future of audit at KPMG. Questioning 'why' is the environment we encourage and where our people strive. KPMG want you to have the ability to challenge the way things were done in the past while working on multiple industries and high profile brands - because we believe 'if you never stretch, you never grow!'
Joining us means you will be part of an agile and flexible working environment that can offer you best in class learning and personal development opportunities. Not to mention an array of benefits including annual flu vaccinations, volunteer leave, discounted health insurance, MS Office for home products and a load of retail discounts.
Due to growth within our existing client base and staff promotions, we currently have exciting opportunities in our market leading Audit division for experienced Senior Accountants/Assistant Managers to join our team.
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Develop an understanding of and apply KPMG’s Audit methodology and contribute to all stages of audit and assurance engagements including planning, testing, reporting and completion.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of prevailing audit and accounting standards (including International Financial Reporting Standards) as well as accounting disclosures.
- Design and perform appropriate audit programs/procedures for engagements, performing substantive testing on significant accounts and testing controls under the KPMG Audit Methodology
- Prepare technical accounting reports and other management reports such as the Audit committee report, Management Letter, Reports of Factual Findings and Audit Reports.
- By developing an understanding of our Risk Management Framework and Audit Methodology, deliver accurate and high quality audit findings on engagements and also raises Risk awareness for junior team members.
- Act as an ‘in-charge’/manager; leading small teams and overseeing workflow and work quality as needed
- Keep the client informed of progress of the engagement, relevant findings and contributes to final Audit reporting. You will be Responsible for keeping the relevant KPMG Manager/Partner informed of engagement progress including identification of issues.
How are you Extraordinary
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be CA/equivalent qualified
- Experience working in a similar role within a professional services environment
- Bring a proven track record of high performance and success
- Have gained strong IFRS skills
- Possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Possess demonstrated team leadership abilities
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!