|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact
We are hiring a Strategy Manager within Product to join a broader Global Strategy team. You’ll support our growing pipeline of opportunities and choices, focused on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company.
You will make an impact in this role by supporting the Product team to make high quality product investment decisions, that have the biggest impact for our customers and for Xero. The decisions you and the Product team will help guide, will represent some of the most important decisions we make each year, shaping our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the World.
What you’ll do
- Develop clear product strategies alongside Product Managers, GMs and EGMs, setting and aligning the product vision and plan
- Connecting product strategies to Xero’s company-wide strategy
- Work with the commercial product leader to establish world class SaaS capabilities and standard processes for connected commercial and product planning, align regional planning with deliberate geographic expansion, platform portfolio management and value realisation
- Be a key contributor to the ongoing definition and evolution of our long-term product strategy, including evaluating the changing landscape in which Xero operates, identifying the most attractive opportunities and ensuring Xero is positioned to win in the future
- Be a trusted and respected member of the Product strategy team and a key contributor in other cross-functional teams that require strategic support to explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies and tactics to support Xero’s priorities
- Help structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to develop recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations.
- Develop and support the communication of recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management and staff in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Support the creation of materials for the Board of Directors and Executive leadership to communicate our perspective on key market trends and strategic implications for Xero
What you’ll bring with you
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Strategy
- A high level of comfort running strategic projects and managing resources
- A track record of delivering insightful recommendations that deliver true benefit to a business
- Experience with complex cross-enterprise projects and multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in the technology or product sector would be an advantage
- Understanding of the SaaS and/or accounting and professional services industry would be preferred.
Your demonstrated success in past roles helping teams develop, prioritise and execute choices that led to winning in their chosen domain should be complemented with the ability to both develop relationships and influence key stakeholders. You should have a passion for exploring and understanding new technologies, business models, and their potential impact on the competitive landscape.
This is preferably a full-time role but for the best candidate we will have flexibility.
Why you want to join Xero
At Xero you’ll find a bunch of awesome, diverse humans who love coming into work. Everyone loves it for different reasons. We're a big big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally being evangelical about small business and its value to the global economy.
We truly value our people and there’s an awesome package on offer that includes competitive base salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance and other benefits too.
We champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday. #Human is one of Xero's values, please outline in your application what makes you #human at work.
Xero is an accredited employer with NZ Immigration and is Rainbow Tick Certified too.