|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. Join our passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to have an impact on the lives and businesses of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the team
The New Segments team is part of the Business Products portfolio responsible for driving growth for Xero from adjacent products and new segment propositions across our global markets. It's an exciting and growing portfolio to be in because we work closely with teams in our global markets, we are tasked with growth beyond the core accounting products, and because we have a great variety of product and engineering challenges to work on. In New Segments we are tasked with deeply understanding our customers needs so that we can create and package propositions to win in those segments, so we're building flexible foundations and applying our commercial and customer mindset to how we take those to market.
About the role
The Product Manager within the New Segments team will be responsible for driving customer and business value through two primary accountabilities. 1. Ownership and transformation of Xero’s in-product buying experience and 2. Packaging and commercialising propositions that enable Xero to target new customer segments or existing segments more deeply.
First, the Product Manager is accountable for improving existing, and creating new, buying experiences that offer our beautiful products and services at the point when a customer needs them. This person will work closely with other teams across Product Marketing, Billing, Dot Com, Design and Proactive Communications to ensure a seamless end-to-end purchasing experience for our customers. He/she will also be accountable for driving growth through in-product sales of Xero’s adjacent products, and helping to ensure customers are on the right product plan for their needs, including managing the upgrade and downgrade experiences.
Second, as Xero seeks new sources of growth, the Product Manager will deeply understand the needs of new, priority customer segments, then develop and package propositions to take to market. This likewise involves working across Product teams to ensure that the products and features developed will meet new segments customer needs and can deliver commercial value. It also involves strong engagement with our Regional and Sales teams to ensure new segment propositions are the right fit for their market characteristics and aligned with their growth strategy. This is a cross-Xero role that requires product know-how, digital conversion expertise, a commercial and customer mindset, and a great deal of relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Set the product vision for New Segments and evangelise the work across our Product, Regional, Sales, Marketing and Platform teams.
- Lead a small team of BA/PO and as you scope out the work required you will build a pod to support delivery. You will also be working with other teams and influencing their roadmaps to ensure that they can deliver better buying experiences and/or better propositions within their products on your behalf.
- Deliver value through defining, driving and executing the product roadmap that realises the vision and ensures the success of the products and propositions created.
- Bridge UX, technical and business worlds as you lead strong and productive relationships with global stakeholders to deliver on market needs and priorities
- Work closely with, and build strong relationships across, all Xero’s Product teams and our colleagues Billing, Sales, Marketing, Pricing, CX, Operations, so that we may jointly deliver the overarching objectives of the New Segments strategy.
- Identify success metrics and track product performance in line with team OKRs and the product vision
- Demonstrate your leadership through strategy execution and the personal growth of your team.
- Have a passion for representing Xero’s product.