|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too. Xero has been rated by Canstar Blue as Australia’s best accounting software four consecutive years from 2015-2018.
We are on a journey to design ourselves from the inside out, focusing on how we support our staff to deliver on both external and internal customer needs. You will be working closely with the Senior Manager to build the Service Design practice at Xero. You will be bringing teammates together from all over Xero globally to work cross functionally and ensure that customer experiences in the marketing and sales space are delightful and consistent with our in-product experience, removing any friction. You will be the expert in Service Design, a well established practitioner and a fantastic collaborator that will guide teams through Human-Centered Design methodologies to move through strategic large programs of work.
What you'll do;
- Follow Human-centered Design principles to create effective, cohesive and engaging design solutions for Xero and their employees, users and customers
- Facilitating co-design workshops with key departments that make up the sum total of a customer experience in all channels (sales, service, marketing, digital) Facilitation may be remote or in person with one or many countries involved.
- You will help build out the ways of working and continued improvement for the way Service Design is done at Xero, including tools, templates and playbooks for others to use
- You’ll offer design critique to Service Designers and leads you are working on a project with by sharing your thoughts and domain knowledge in a useful and constructive way
- You’ll mentor others in our/virtual teams, particularly those new to Xero or new in their service design journey, so that they can do their best work and develop skills and expertise
- Leads work as a Lead team – together you’ll share a responsibility for aspects of making the Service Design Team better, such as: Helping deliver the team’s professional development programme, and creating better processes across the team continuously improving ways we work with varied teams across countries and departments
What you'll bring with you;
- At least 5-7 years of service and/or experience design professional practice; consulting experience is a plus
- Lead large groups of people through planning as well as executing projects from ideation through to delivery in online and physical environments
- A passion for creating human-centered experiences that delight end users and that solve business problems
- Expert knowledge of the design process and principles
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative design team that takes an insights-driven approach to developing design outcomes for end users
You will have a tertiary qualification and recent practical experience in visual design, UX, service design or other relevant design discipline.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to join a hyper-growth ASX100 company that is rewiring the small business economy. At Xero, we are proud of our collaborative, empowering and inclusive culture that allows creativity to thrive and innovation to flourish.To peek inside Xero and see what we do check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or instagram.