|Job Type:||Full Time|
Data Science Consultant
DSpark (a Singtel Group Asia Pacific company) was created from a vision to provide powerful insights and advanced analytics capabilities to businesses and government agencies in Australia to help transform the rich and unique repository of spatial temporal data, such as those coming from telecommunication networks, into business value and social impact. Our data science products such as Mobility Genome™ and Mobility Intelligence Platform, along with our advanced analytics services strive to be trustworthy and relevant to our clients while adhering to the highest standards of data privacy.
DSpark Australia has big ambitions to become a major big data and analytics player in the analytics software and consulting space. As part of our highly energetic and dynamic team, we are looking for a highly motivated, highly disciplined individual to join us as a Data Science Consultant to help our customers create value for their unique needs using our products.
You will join a growing team of highly motivated and capable individuals who aspire to create deep insights and to productise those insights to deliver maximal business growth. You will gain from the combined decades of Data Science experience around you from some of the leading senior Data Science practitioners in Australia to develop your expertise and your career in the field. Our team are data enthusiasts with a collaborative ethos who love to share knowledge and want to build something unique with a true unstructured big data set that is one of the few such large datasets actually available in Australia. This is a rare opportunity to experiment, play and commercialise at full scale such a unique dataset.
- Evangelise DSpark’s products to customers, and help them to succeed in using our products on a continuous basis
- Analyse technical and business requirements for prospective or active customer projects, in accordance to DSpark’s Product Management Framework
- Translate business needs to analytics and data needs, and propose how DSpark products can meet those needs
- Provide feedback to the Product team on how well the existing products meet customer needs, and new needs that could be considered for the product roadmap
- Build Proofs-of-Concept (POCs), including data extraction, analysis, visualisation and reporting, to demonstrate value of DSpark products to customers
- Provide technical input to customer proposals, including product selection and feasibility
- Conduct customer onboarding and training, including using DSpark APIs and other data products
- Assist customers and advise them about using DSpark products, interpreting and using DSpark data for further analysis, and transforming data outputs into usable formats in the customers’ environments
- Provide first level technical support and troubleshooting to customers
- Define customer success metrics for each customer
- Help customers achieve success in the use of DSpark products
- Ensure continued success and adoption of DSpark products
- Serve as the bridge between the customer, the Commercial team and the Product team regarding customer needs.
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, and more!)
- Mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Staff buses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Analytics, or equivalent applied quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, applied statistics or machine learning in solving business problems
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing, stakeholder engagement role
- Experience in implementing data products or systems with demonstrated positive business impact
- Expert knowledge and application of Big Data technologies for distributed computing and processing of large-scale commercial data, including HDFS and Spark
- Mastery of calling APIs, ingesting data, transforming data, performing data analysis, building models, and visualising data
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Superior proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Aptitude for working on multiple projects in parallel
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians. We are a fast growing Singtel business operating in 5 Asia Pacific market, our Australia DSpark team is growing fast, and we need great people to help us grow.
Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.