|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity for a highly experienced DevOps specialist
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing position with a remuneration package $144k which includes leave loading and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Systems Engineer to join the Infrastructure and Applications team to develop, build and operate Sydney University’s latest research IT infrastructure for our research community. As the Senior DevOps Systems Engineer you will lead and coordinate partnerships with researchers at the University, staff from ICT, the Core Research Facilities, The Library and the Research Portfolio to deploy, support, maintain, and continuously improve a range of systems dedicated to research.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior DevOps Systems Engineer who can demonstrate:
- ability to work as a team, liaise and negotiate with internal and external customers, contractors and suppliers at multiple levels of an organization
- ability to take a leading role in software design, analysis and specification, in a research context
- expert technical and business knowledge of modern cloud platforms
- outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- ability to develop close working relationships with researchers and ICT to build, configure and deploy innovative research systems for production and development
The Infrastructure and Applications portfolio is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of technology systems and services for all research, education and University-wide technology functions. The area is responsible for technology integration, infrastructure operations, communications and networks services. It delivers innovative and differentiated IT solutions, improving the value of the technology environment to enable University success.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1624/0819C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 7 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.