|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Great opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington
- Full-time, continuing position with remuneration package, $144,375 p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Great opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer. As the Automation Engineer you will be responsible for integrating, testing, installing, configuring, and supporting both custom-built and off-the shelf automation solutions for a range of ICT business services. The position focuses on automating repeatable tasks to improve efficiency, reliability and consistency. It will see you take on a range of duties including, but not limited to;
- building strong relationships with stakeholders and customers to ensure automation solutions will fit their needs
- designing, implementing and supporting major automation solutions in a multi-platform environment
- Integrating automation artefacts that have been developed by third parties into the University systems
- taking responsibility for the provision, implementation and operation of automation solutions
- identifying issues that may hinder completion of tasks and find appropriate solutions.
- working with cross-section of cloud based and private operating systems to deliver workload and application automation.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Automation Engineer who can demonstrate:
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- proven experience with automation languages, practices and toolsets
- extensive experience and strong technical competence in systems administration for server operating systems and lifecycle management
- knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for anticipating, recognising, managing, and resolving automation problems
- orchestration expertise in provisioning, private and public cloud, preferably with experience in AWS and Azure automation.
- experience in engaging in a consultative and advisory capacity in conveying and informing stakeholders on automation best practices and cloud native automation via workshops, training sessions, seminars, user guides and developing shared code repositories
The Infrastructure and Applications portfolio is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of technology systems and services for all research, education and University-wide technology functions. The area is responsible for technology integration, infrastructure operations, communications and networks services. It delivers innovative and differentiated IT solutions, improving the value of the technology environment to enable University success.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1560/0819C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 3 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.