|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible & dynamic working environment
- Salary to be offered from $132,935 (including allownances and superannuation)
- Based in Sydney - Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Digital Infrastructure Asset Analyst to develop and detail life cycle strategies for all digital infrastructure assets owned and operated by TransGrid. The position will provide informed advice and guidance to the Asset Management group on issues related to digital infrastructure assets. Finally, you will help develop strategic directions for the future needs and forecast the future expenditure required to achieve TransGrid’s corporate goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Digital Infrastructure Asset Analyst you will:
- Prepare and develop Asset Strategies and plans
- Set Asset Standards by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse the effectiveness of design to achieve optimal performance and cost efficiencies
- Identify and implement improvements in the design and performance of digital infrastructure and undertaking research
- Develop and update maintenance plans and monitor and analyse the effectiveness of digital infrastructure maintenance
- Analyse options to meet the identified need for augmentation, replacement and upgrading of TransGrid’s digital infrastructure assets
- Develop documentation for capital expenditure on digital infrastructure assets
- Monitor the scoping, delivery and handover of capital works projects
- Analyse expenditure impacts
- Continually review plans and strategies
- Document, model and record the digital infrastructure asset base and set performance standards and indicators
- Provide organisational and reporting functions for asset workgroups reports
- Provide investigations and analysis of performance, lifecycle costing and equipment failures
- Implement methodologies, technologies and procedures for digital infrastructure lifecycle analysis, performance measuring systems and performance data collection/collating systems
- Provide input to risk management and contingency planning for digital infrastructure
- Monitor the quality of reporting on digital infrastructure performance and lifecycle costs
- Liaise with regulators and key TransGrid business units
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Degree in Engineering, Technology, Economics or similar
- Relevant experience working in a utility or asset intensive industry
- Thorough understanding of digital infrastructure assets and their role in operating a transmission network
- Technical knowledge of the design, construction, operation, maintenance or analysis of Digital Infrastructure within a transmission network
- Working knowledge of the National Electricity Market, National Electricity Rules and relevant regulations for digital infrastructure
- Working knowledge of and experience with relevant legislation, policies, procedures and processes
- Commercial acumen including an ability to understand and critique financial analysis such as Net Present Values, Discounted Cash Flows and the like
- Ability to use data sets and trends to draw conclusions and support recommendations
- Understanding of the concepts and application of risk management
- Effective analytical ability to research problems and prepare reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- 18 days personal leave (sick /carer’s leave)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.