Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Casual Non Standard Hours
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$28.84 - $28.84 per hour
Readiness & Response Services
FR - NORTHERN
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As an emergency service agency, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is responsible for ensuring the safety of people and property across Queensland through the provision of effective prevention, preparation, response and recovery activities across a range of emergency situations.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service (FRS), the Rural Fire Service (RFS) and the State Emergency Service (SES), QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
The functions of the QFES are unique. It is the only entity in Australia that delivers high quality fire, rescue, emergency and disaster management services through a single agency. This collaborative approach across the service and with key stakeholders delivers improved safety outcomes for the community.
- Protect and serve the community by responding to fires and other emergencies in a professional and timely manner to minimise loss to life, property and the environment.
- Improve the safety and emergency preparedness of the community by contributing to fire prevention and community education activities.
- Eligible to apply for, or hold a current Blue Card.
- Satisfactory completion of all aspects of FNA411 Auxiliary Recruit Training & Education Program (ARTEP) or equivalent.
- Respond to and assume control of fire and other emergency incidents, where required.
- Promote community safety and emergency preparedness by contributing to community education activities.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection of suitable Auxiliary Firefighters to meet the needs of the community.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of core skills training and other relevant training courses.
- Maintain operational and management competencies.
- Operate specialist firefighting and rescue equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain the required attendance standards for emergency incidents and training.
- Contribute to the upkeep and hygiene of station facilities.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of operational equipment and station facilities.
- Contribute to the completion of incident reporting and general station administration.
- Assume responsibility of function/s in line with station functional management model.
- As an important part of the station team, appointees shall also:
- Promote a positive team approach in all work activities
- Comply with legislative, policy and procedural requirements appropriate to the position.
- Communicate effectively with QFES personnel, other emergency service providers and the general community.
- Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to organisational health principles and procedures.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading others)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Stephen Knight, Area Commander - Southern Command on phone 0412004135 or email Stephen.Knight@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Expression of Interest Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.
To apply for this role, please provide your resume or CV and a one A4 page summary telling us what you will bring to this role in the context of 'Your Key Accountabilities' contained within the role description.