|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Enterprise Technology team. The ideal candidate will be able to bring a good mix of technical expertise along with an ability to interact directly with business stakeholders.
So, what will you do?
The Enterprise Technology team at Xero is responsible for the systems and processes that support our staff and indirectly our customers. This role is within the team that supports the technology solutions that support the sales, marketing, customer support, data and other functions within the business.
You'll work closely with product management, delivery leads,business stakeholders and the wider architecture team to ensure that systems are fit for purpose, align to technical roadmaps, Xero and industry best practice, have a clear direction for the future and are able to meet the solution level objectives. You will be responsible for communicating architectural direction to the delivery teams while working collaboratively to develop successful solutions.
It will be important in this role to build relationships with other technical leads in the business, share ideas and provide leadership on architectural patterns and alignment.
What you’ll bring with you
- You will have good stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- You will be an innovative and positive team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- You will bring good time management and prioritisation skills
- You will have leadership ability to create, articulate, mentor and advocate the vision, technical and semantic direction for a product’s system architecture.
- You will have a strong ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Discussion facilitation skills
- A willingness to learn new products, skills and processes.
- A solid understanding of software development lifecycle and familiarity with coding in Java, C#,Apex or another modern object oriented language is preferred
- Experience with integrations of complex, data driven systems
- Enterprise system integration experience
- Experience with designing and building software for the internet, preferably with Software as a Service products.
- You will have experience with designing Service Oriented Applications as well as Domain-driven design
- You will be comfortable building solutions on AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience working with the Salesforce platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or a willingness to learn and work with these technologies would be beneficial
- Experience measuring and designing for non-functionals, like reliability, availability, security and performance.
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies and styles
As part of our awesome package, you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so drop us an email and we’ll take it from there.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and isRainbow Tickaccredited too.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’re keen to join the team!