|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We hold a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. Downer provides enhanced and extended scope of works and implements new processes to ensure that all facilitates are well managed and maintained.
A bit about your role;
We are currently seeking a roaming Certifying Plumber to join our high performing team in building maintenance for the MOJ buildings in Auckland. While undertaking general maintenance and repairs of the facilities your duties will also include;
- Dealing with unexpected events and providing direction to work for teams
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement and providing solutions
- Daily recording of projects and jobs
- A hands-on role completing work safely and meeting our client and the needs of the contract
- Travel between MOJ Buildings across Auckland
What’s on offer;
While this role is not for the faint hearted, a role with Downer can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
A bit about you;
You will have a current NZ Plumbing qualification and be certified and will bring with you;
- 3-5 years of commercial or residential experience
- Able to work unsupervised while providing safe and quality work
- A full class one Driver’s license and ability to drive a manual
- Physically fit and agile, able to carry out regular bending and lifting tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as tech savvy
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 562864 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.