|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible & dynamic working environment
- Remuneration package of $142,000 (including 15% superannuation and allowance)
- Based in Sydney - Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to support activities to understand medium to long term business requirements and support the Senior Category Manager in development of sourcing strategy options by analysing spend data, developing and implementing action plans and best practice supply management practices to realise objectives. This includes supporting delivery of ongoing Project based procurement, market engagement activities, evaluations and management of period and panel agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Category Specialist you will:
- Liaise directly with business units to assess and prioritise stakeholder requirements to ensure value for money outcomes and risk assured solutions are achieved
- Apply discipline to maintain currency of Procurement Pipeline as live system
- Support development and socialisation of status report of all WIP programs and projects, including remediation/mitigation plans to address any program / project slippage
- Support interactions with major internal stakeholders and suppliers to understand requirements, drive compliance, and build mutually valuable relationships
- Support development in conjunction with key stakeholders, the procurement strategy for nominated portfolio with particular focus on strategic and material contracts to deliver a benefit profile as defined in annual KPIs
- Support execution of category and sourcing strategies with major go-to-market events from inception to contract execution for period and panel agreements.
- Support the delivery of agreed commercial outcomes that encompass and include cost reduction to the business budgets, cost avoidance to the business, improved payment terms, improved speed to market, improvements in the customer experience, and improved quality of service to internal stakeholders
- Support delivery of benefit profile for Procurement team and for nominated portfolio
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of Supplier Performance Management (SPM)
- For nominated portfolio support activity to evaluate supplier performance data harvested from SPM tool
- For nominated portfolio support activity to ensure KPIs and SLAs are regularly reviewed, have set targets based on desired outcome and past performance
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering discipline or substantial appropriate experience in a capital-intensive industry.
- Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain environment with experience in project procurement for capital intensive industries, preferably in electrical equipment procurement.
- Strong analytical skills and strong command of analytical methodologies coupled with an understanding of market research
- Intermediate negotiation skills, and ability to prepare accurate, concise and considered documents
- Relevant systems knowledge and strong personal computing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Good business sense, trustworthiness, professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Work Health & Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and application of the Legal Framework policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to enable interaction with staff at all levels
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- 18 days personal leave (sick /carer’s leave)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Applications will close on Sunday, 22 September 2019. In addition to the CV, please attach a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) briefly outlining your suitability for the position and provide 2 key achievements with examples.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.