|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible & dynamic working environment
- Contract Officer (IEA)
- Based in Sydney - Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to liaise and collaborate with internal business customers to understand, triage and provide contract development and ongoing contract management services for short to medium term business requirements. This includes executing and managing corporate wide administration of both contracts and lower value quotes, PO/invoice processes and contract administration support, contractual terms and conditions for complex contracts, administration of quotations and tenders and the raising and administration of purchase orders and contracts for business units’ procurement needs. You will also manage contracts, quotes, tenders, purchase orders involving foreign exchange variation components.
Working in close collaboration with the Procurement Category Management team the Senior Procurement Officer is also tasked to partner with relevant business unit customers to ensure efficient and timely collation of supplier performance feedback. This is a key role in establishing and maintaining control processes which support risk management, compliance strategies & superior performance.
While technical skillset and professional experience are important to the role, it is critical that the Senior Procurement Officer is a strong communicator and capable of building trust and a strong relationship with the business.
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline and/or extensive appropriate experience in a capital-intensive industry.
- Experience in contract administration and commercial management.
- Experience in the procurement, ideally project procurement for capital-intensive industries
- Relevant systems ERP knowledge and solid personal computing skills (use of MS Office suite)
- Prior exposure to and experience with managing procurement activity in line with Commercial Policies and Procedures, particularly Procurement Policy/Framework, Financial and Process Authorities and Codes of Practice.
- Previous experience with establishing complex supply contracts, working closely with legal and the business
- Strong commercial negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to ensure alignment to business requirements and provision of ongoing and consistent updates to business customers
- Professionalism and a strong work ethic
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Personal leave (sick /carer’s leave)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.