Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
We are looking for a motivated and client focused lawyer or Senior Associate with experience in construction, infrastructure, energy and/or transport projects.
Ashurst's Brisbane Infrastructure & Energy team is a clear market leader delivering some of the highest profile, large-scale infrastructure and energy projects across the Asia Pacific region, including active transactions in India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong and across Australia and New Zealand. This presents successful candidates with the unique opportunity to travel throughout the region or deliver this work from Brisbane. Clients include Commonwealth and State governments and leading national and multi-national private sector investors, sponsors, contractors, operators and lenders.
We are a truly diverse and inclusive practive with team members working flexibly to align with personal and business needs.
More information on the role and team can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years PQE
- Humble, down to earth, light-hearted and diligent.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior drafting ability
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to be team-focused and also work independently
- Ability to supervise and nurture junior lawyers
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationshipss
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.