Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our current workload within the Rail Engineering business has grown significantly and we are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join our Sydney team. You will exercise sound judgement and initiative while undertaking both your project responsibilities and design tasks.
You will be expected to operate as a project manager and a civil engineer to undertake and lead civil design tasks (such as track drainage, culverts, vehicular access paths, footpaths and CSR). You will be expected to work collaboratively with other members of the civil engineering section, including mentoring of less experienced staff and providing inputs to tender bids. Project delivery varies between design only, design and construct and alliance models.
Key responsibilities include\:
- Civil design and review and verification of civil designs
- Manage the overall delivery of projects
- Develop and implement the Project Execution Plan
- Cost and resource management, forecasting and reporting
- Change management
- Design management of internal project team and sub-consultants
- Client relationship management
- Use of Jacobs Project Management tools and systems.
You should have a Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline, coupled with rail engineering experience.
In addition, the ideal candidate should have\:
- Experience in using Project Management tools
- A demonstrated understanding civil engineering
- A demonstrated understanding of hydrology, and hydraulics (desirable).
- A demonstrated understanding of services design (desirable).
- A demonstrated understanding of the rail environment.
- A desire to achieve high quality outputs and deliver excellent service.
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.