- Mining & Metals
- Company size
- Brisbane, Queensland
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*||In progress 2019|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||10 weeks**|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||1 week|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||12 months|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave||No|
|Opportunities to purchase leave||No|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Leadership development programs|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership||No|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy||to be introduced March 2019|
|Internal Women's networking groups|
|Employee engagement scores year on year||coming 2019|
|Employee turnover rate||15.5%|
|Paid volunteer days||No|
In 1934, five brothers started a small earthmoving business, bringing a pioneering spirit to redefine the mining and construction industries. Eighty years on, and Thiess has grown to be the world’s largest mining services provider. While today we are focused solely on mining, this spirit and passion for innovation remains at the heart of our business.
We understand the mining lifecycle and how to manage market changes and evolving requirements. We help our clients achieve exceptional mining outcomes by drawing on the best of our insight, capability, optimisation, flexibility, certainty and bankability.
This is what you’ll contribute to with a career with us. We are a great place to work. For the past two years, as a member of the CIMIC Group, LinkedIn named us as one of the top ten companies where Australia wants to work. We are committed to providing a cultural and physical environment where our employees feel they always matter.
A commitment to diversity & inclusion
We prioritise diversity and inclusion and show this commitment through our investment in focus areas that include:
We have a series of initiatives to promote and increase employment opportunities to women at all levels of our business so that we progress towards gender balance.
Some of our initiatives include:
- Undergraduate scholarships promoting women in engineering
- Access to leadership programs to improve awareness among women about opportunities in our industry
- Networks for women, internal and external to Thiess, including the recent launch of WINTR – Women in non-traditional roles and industries.
Our 2017-2020 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) formalises our support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Our Sisters in Mining program provides Indigenous women with the opportunity to begin a career in mining
- Our partnership with groups such as Supply Nation, enhances Indigenous opportunities throughout our procurement channels
- Our RAP also increased awareness among our people that providing opportunities, respecting Indigenous culture and building lasting relationships is a critical to business.
To be a business where everyone feels they matter, always, we embed inclusive policies and programs and build collective understanding of the different cultures and diverse communities in which we live and work by:
- Offering unconscious bias training to managers and recruitment personnel
- Publishing our diversity and inclusion strategy messaging so that the wider business and new starters can also adopt our company culture.
Our vision is to be the world’s leading mining services provider. This inspires our work, aligns with our strategic direction and brings our principles to life.
Our expertise spans a range of commodities, including metallurgical and thermal coal, iron ore, copper, nickel, gold, diamonds and oil sands. Currently, we offer the widest range of in-house surface mining capabilities and critical underground mining services.
We joined Work180 to share our stories with women who can contribute to high-profile projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best talent. We offer a range of learning and development programs for individuals and teams. Our high-performance culture optimises results, driven by a work environment that encourages innovation, celebrates diversity, and recognises and rewards excellence.