- Government Administration
- Company size
- North Sydney, NSW
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy||No ****|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Employee engagement scores year on year|
|Employee turnover rate|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*||No|
|Internal Women's networking groups|
|Leadership development programs|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||10 Months|
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Opportunities to purchase leave|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||14 Weeks**|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||1 Week|
|Paid volunteer days|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership|
Working for Information Technology (IT) at Roads and Maritime Services
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 6000 employees and annual budget of more than $8.5 billion. As the key agency in New South Wales for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our employees to reach their full potential. We share a sense of community that gives us purpose – our contribution to enabling safe and reliable road and maritime journeys throughout NSW.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes and deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
The IT branch is fundamental to driving Roads and Maritime into the future. Our current focus areas include a strategic hosting strategy, digital innovation, big data and analytics and security by design. We believe in collaboration and sustainable change, partnering with other areas of the business to deliver customer-focused solutions.
Our work is broad and interesting. There are opportunities for technological innovations with our heavy vehicle checking stations, speed cameras, asset management and of course, management of NSW Driver licenses – the most common means of proof of identity, aside from passports.
Diversity and Inclusion
Roads and Maritime is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. It’s about having a workplace culture where different perspectives are heard and encouraged to contribute to the success of the business.
We are working to ensure our workforce reflects the community that we serve. Our priority areas to enable this include:
- Women in Leadership
- Flexible working
- Aboriginal representation
- Extending our Diversity focus in the areas of disability, cultural and linguistic diversity and LGBTIQ
- Network and Industry Partnerships
Our Women in Leadership commitment is to increase the representation of women in senior roles to 35% by 2020, with a focus on non-traditional roles including STEM disciplines.
Women in IT
Roads and Maritime is committed to fostering gender equality, providing development opportunities and career progression pathway for our female colleagues to achieve their best potential.
We have a dedicated employee action group, “Women in IT”, to sponsor and advocate this agenda.
We believe the success is achieved by not only focusing on women but broadly promoting gender equality and eliminating unconscious bias across the organisation.
We embrace flexibility and recognise both the organisational and individual benefits that flexible work practices bring. Our flexibility extends to where, when and how we work, with supporting technology and facilities.
Some of our flexible options include:
- Part-time work
- Job sharing
- Working remotely from different locations
- Variable start and finish times or shift swaps on any given day
- Using paid or unpaid leave
- Eligible staff may accrue flex leave or allocated days off
- The ability to negotiate flexible arrangements with your manager as and when necessary
Roads and Maritime provides a suite of employee benefits to support parents. Eligible employees can receive:
- 14 weeks of paid maternity, adoption and surrogacy leave
- 12 months of unpaid parental leave
- Extension of unpaid parental leave to a maximum of 24 months
- 8 weeks of unpaid parental leave (short parental leave) including one week of paid leave which can be taken concurrently with the primary caregiver
Staying Connected is our parental leave program designed to support employees and their managers before, during and after a period of parental leave. The Staying Connected program offers face to face workshops and online resources to help employees plan ahead and maintain effective and ongoing communications during parental leave.
Roads and Maritime offers employees opportunities to develop skills and build experience. We assist with goal planning and support our people as they progress towards their career aims.
We also offer a range of continual learning and development programs.
Some of the opportunities you can expect include:
- acting in a higher-grade position
- receiving assistance for relevant part-time study
- being involved in a leadership program
- taking advantage of more than 500 online and classroom-based short courses
- participating in professional communities of practice
Health and Wellbeing
Some of our health and wellbeing programs include:
- Fitness Passport – access to over 400+ gyms, pools and recreational centres across NSW for employees and their families, at a competitive rate
- Health Fair programs – free, confidential and voluntary health checks for employees
- Employee Assistance Program – support and counselling for employees and their families
- Annual flu vaccine – we provide an annual flu vaccine free of charge
- Fitness discounts and reimbursements – employees can access discounts and reimbursements for selected health and fitness activities, which vary from year-to-year
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the opportunity to salary package up to 100% of your earnings via superannuation contributions or novated vehicle lease repayments.