- Company size
- Fortitude Valley, Queensland
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*||No|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||14 Weeks|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||4 Weeks|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||12 Months|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave|
|Opportunities to purchase leave|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Leadership development programs|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy||No|
|Internal Women's networking groups|
|Employee engagement scores year on year|
|Employee turnover rate|
|Paid volunteer days|
About Queensland Urban Utilities
Urban Utilities make a difference every single day to the lives of over 1.5 million people across South-East Queensland. Our purpose is to Enrich Quality of Life and we proudly provide world class drinking water, recycled water and sewerage treatment services to more than 1.5 million customers in South-East Queensland.
At Urban Utilities, we believe that in order to achieve our purpose, we must build a thought, experience and gender diverse workforce. We value the individual attributes that each employee brings, creating an environment where people can be themselves at work. The various personal experiences, backgrounds and perspectives help us serve our customers and community now and contribute towards achieving our vision of “Utility of the Future”. We are already on our journey to becoming a flexible, agile and adaptable organisation that provides our people support through every stage of their life.
To become a creative and innovative organisation, where diversity of thought is encouraged and sought out, we have four focus areas:
1. Gender Diversity – Creating a gender balance by increasing our female representation in leadership and key technical roles.
2. Cultural Diversity - Understanding and harnessing our varied cultural contributions.
3. Youth - Building a truly inclusive workplace where people at the start of their career feel valued and supported and can become our leaders of the future.
4. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders – Understanding and harnessing the contributions of our existing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce and increasing representation.
We are focused on growing a supportive, honest and innovative culture to help our workforce make a positive difference in our customer’s lives. Urban Utilities prides itself on its collaborative environment with freedom and encouragement from its leaders to make suggestions to improve processes and practices and to come up with ideas to enhance the service we deliver to both our internal and external customers.
When joining Urban Utilities, the career options with us are endless and we offer plenty of professional development. There is no end to the career progression opportunities open to you, when you show initiative and that you’re determined to succeed. Furthermore, you will enjoy access to tailored development and coaching programs, salary sacrificing (including novated lease) and access to health and wellbeing initiatives and health rebates.
In being a part of our team, you will be given access to:
- Tailored development
- Excellent work-life balance and flexibility
- Coaching programs
- A commitment to safety and employee wellbeing
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Great team environment
- Opportunities for transfers and promotions
- A commitment to a constructive culture
- An opportunity to contribute to the essential services of our community
QUU is proud of the flexible working options it provides to its people. We recognise that our people have lives outside work and we work together to develop solutions as circumstances change. It doesn’t matter what the role, there’s an opportunity to talk about what flexibility options are available to you.
Some of the options include:
- Telecommuting – working from home or any one of our multiple sites
- Part – time work – working part time hours to achieve a balance
- Job Sharing – sharing a role with another person
- Flexible hours – varying your start and finish times
- Purchasing Leave – purchasing additional leave through your salary as your personal preference