- Company size
- North Sydney, Australia
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||10 weeks**|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||1 week|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||12 months|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave||No|
|Opportunities to purchase leave||No|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Leadership development programs|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy||to be introduced March 2019|
|Internal Women's networking groups|
|Employee engagement scores year on year||coming 2019|
|Employee turnover rate||19.70%|
|Paid volunteer days||No|
About CPB Contractors
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company, with a team of around 23,000 people working at operations across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Asia and India.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we work hard to ensure our performance-based culture provides rewarding careers.
As a company, we are guided by a simple philosophy:
- To engage with others in ways that are inclusive, respectful, fair and culturally appropriate; and
- To enrich our workforce through these values and behaviours.
We are committed to providing career opportunities for women to help ensure success and sustainable growth via the unique value that women bring to our company.
More broadly, through our Indigenous and Social Inclusion strategy, we are committed to supporting people and communities, and providing people experiencing disadvantage with access to employment and training opportunities in the regions where we operate.
Our areas of focus include:
We support gender diversity, which is reflected in:
- The culture and engagement of our people.
- Our leaders as champions and sponsors of women.
- Flexible work practices.
- Internal and external networking and development programs.
- Career opportunities across an array of disciplines.
Indigenous people and social inclusion
Our Indigenous and Social Inclusion strategy includes:
- Partnerships with non-profit social enterprises such as CareerTrackers and CareerSeekers to provide internships for Indigenous people and refugees.
- The enablement of Indigenous businesses and social enterprises to subcontract at our projects through partnerships with groups including Supply Nation and Social Traders.
We are committed to cultivating inclusive workplaces of fairness and equity to help foster the unique skills and talents of our people, including:
- A clearly stated Mission and guiding Principles.
- A Code of Conduct that sets the standards and behaviours that we expect from our people.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and unconscious bias training to create a level playing field.
Our company’s recent achievements:
- The launch of WINTR, the CIMIC Group women’s network on LinkedIn.
- Our people’s participation in the Victorian Government’s Women In Transport program – a new pilot initiative for women engineers.
- More than 100 Indigenous university students completing internships with CPB Contractors since 2010, and a talented and growing Alumni group now connected to our company.
- In 2017, a significant number of Indigenous and social enterprise subcontracts being awarded at our projects through our partnerships with Supply Nation and Social Traders.
- Our hosting of the company’s first NSW Indigenous and Social Inclusion Forum in Sydney to create stronger partnerships with local suppliers and subcontractors.
- Our partnership with the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), including several of our women winning NAWIC awards in 2017.