- Financial Services
- Company size
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave||Yes|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy||No|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Employee engagement scores year on year|
|Employee turnover rate|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*||No|
|Internal Women's networking groups||No|
|Leadership development programs|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||12 months|
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Opportunities to purchase leave||No|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||12 weeks|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||2 weeks|
|Paid volunteer days||No|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave||No|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership||No|
Canstar is Australia’s biggest financial comparison site, comparing more brands than any other. We were established over 25 years ago as a privately owned financial research agency and we now see 1 in 6 Australians visit our site each year, with 2 in 3 people recognising the Canstar logo. Customers who visit the site are able to compare for free more than 750 brands across more than 30 different finance categories, including banking, insurance and superannuation.
In 2010, we expanded our services and launched Canstar Blue to provide customer satisfaction research and ratings for over 900 brands across 120 different consumer products and services including energy, telco and so much more.
Canstar and Canstar Blue’s mission is to empower consumers to make better-informed decisions to help them confidently choose the right product for them whether it is a home loan, a super fund, an energy plan or one of life’s many purchase decisions.
*See Canstar.com.au/biggest-original for more details
Culture and Diversity
Canstar’s goal of empowering consumers involves dynamic collaboration between teams of highly skilled, innovative people, each one integral to the overall result.
Our team members are diverse in their skillset, culture and life experiences and this is the key to our success. We’re proud that we hail from all corners of the country and globe with 16 different nationalities and almost 30 different cultures represented, and that almost half (44%) of our management and executive leadership team is comprised of women.
At Canstar, we have a set of four core employer values that guide everything our team members do.
● Make a difference and Empower Consumers - We simplify finance and products to help customers confidently choose what’s right for them. By doing the hard work in researching and rating products, we empower people to make a change for the better. This is at the core of everything we do and it inspires our team members - we know our work directly impacts consumers. In helping consumers to make better-informed purchase decisions, we could save them money and in some cases, change their life.
● Build In Demand Skills - We use leading-edge technology and create experts in Digital and Finance. We want our team members to be constantly upskilling themselves and gaining highly sought after skills that we believe will help them in their future career goals. We want to see people continue to develop, and this approach helps our team members to view their role as more than a job.
● Live and Work Positively - We foster happy and healthy work lifestyles. Canstar is a place where people enjoy arriving to each morning and feel inspired. We work hard but also have fun along the way, so we encourage our teams to stop and celebrate the wins to appreciate the achievements.
● Grow in Right Size Company - We are big enough to offer opportunities, but small enough for one person to make a difference. We encourage team members to take ownership of their roles and have a voice, rather than just being a cog in the wheel. We encourage innovation and support team members to develop themselves both personally and professionally.
Building a positive environment that encourages success is pivotal to our team achieving our goals. This was acknowledged when we recently won a Great Place to Work award, and were listed among Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 50 list.
Benefits and Initiatives
In addition to initiatives listed in above table, Canstar also offers a range of benefits so that people feel recognised and rewarded for their work.
- Assistance payment of $5,000 for both primary and secondary caregivers returning to work
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Study assistance
- Free daily breakfast and fruit
- In-house massages
- Birthday leave
- Monthly staff lunches, birthday morning teas and Friday drinks
- Social club events and activities
“Throughout my pregnancy and since returning to work, Canstar has been 100% supportive. I had open communication with my manager on how we were going to approach and plan out my maternity leave, and I was also given the flexibility in the way I transitioned back into work. I am so grateful to be working for a company that supports women in the workplace, especially at this time in my career.” Kirsty McGuire - Business Analyst, Team Lead
* Employer has undertaken the requirements to be on the Pay Equity Ambassador list, administered by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).