- Company size
- Sydney, NSW
|Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?|
|Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*||No|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)||20 weeks|
|Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer||2 weeks|
|Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave||12 months|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave|
|Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave||No|
|Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave|
|Opportunities to purchase leave|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)|
|Leadership development programs|
|Targets to raise the number of women in leadership||In progress 2019|
|Domestic and Family Violence policy|
|Internal Women's networking groups||No**|
|Employee engagement scores year on year|
|Employee turnover rate|
|Paid volunteer days||1 day per annum|
AGL is committed to helping shape a sustainable energy future for Australia.
We operate the country’s largest electricity generation portfolio, we’re its largest ASX-listed investor in renewable energy, and we have 3.6 million customer accounts.
Proudly Australian, with more than 180 years of experience, we have a responsibility to provide sustainable, secure and affordable energy for our customers.
Our aim is to prosper in a carbon-constrained world and build customer advocacy as our industry transforms. That’s why we have committed to exiting our coal-fired generation by 2050 and why we will continue to develop innovative solutions for our customers.
We’re committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace culture. We recognise that by valuing diversity and inclusion we’ll have a better understanding of, and engagement with, the customers we serve, our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
Our current priorities are:
- continuing to build AGL's culture of inclusion, embedding diversity and inclusion concepts and principles in our people processes, training and decision making
- expanding areas of focus to ensure support for other priority needs of our people including support for people impacted by domestic violence, accessibility for people with a disability, and continuing local initiatives for mature age workers and cultural inclusion
- building greater alignment and engagement of diversity and inclusion strategies to support the changing needs of the customers we serve and the communities in which we operate
- maintaining our focus on gender equity with an emphasis on removing barriers for women to increase their representation in leadership
- raising the bar on our work to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) inclusion, continuing with a holistic program that encompasses work with our employees, the community and our customers, and
- translating flexibility for our different businesses and workplaces, and equipping leaders to confidently manage a flexible workforce.
Parental Leave at AGL
We are an industry leader on parental leave support.
During FY17, we announced that, from 1 July 2017, we increased our paid parental leave entitlement from 14 weeks to 20 weeks, providing greater flexibility for our people who are primary carers to take essential time to bond with and care for their new babies. Kellie Harvey, Head of IT Governance.
Hear Kellie Harvey's story about parental leave, flexibility and her career in leadership at AGL.
Women in Leadership at AGL
AGL’s Board committed to achieving a target that, by 2018, 30% of AGL’s non-executive Directors will be female. That target has been achieved – AGL has 3 female non-executive directors and they represent 37.5% of non-executive directors on the Board.
We’ve set a target to increase the number of women in the Senior Leadership Pipeline to 40% by FY2019 and as at 30 June 2017, women represent 38% of the senior leadership pipeline positions. Lynn Liu, Solution Owner - Wholesale and Market Integration.
Hear Lynn Liu's story about flexibility, safety, innovation and her career in leadership at AGL.
* Employer has undertaken the requirements to be on the Pay Equity Ambassador list, administered by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
**AGL Equality is our internal diversity group, which is open to all employees.